- Serves: 4
- Preparation time: 12 minutes
- Cooking time: 3 minutes
6 tomatoes, chopped
3 cloves garlic
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup fresh basil, no stems
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 French baguette
2 cups parmesan or feta cheese (or 1 cup of each)
1. Preheat the oven for grilling.
2. In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, garlic, extra virgin olive oil, basil, and pepper. Let the mixture sit for about 5 minutes.
3. Cut the baguette into thick slices. Place on a baking sheet, arrange the baguette slices in a single layer. Grill until light golden brown.
4. Divide the tomato mixture evenly over the baguette slices. Top the slices with your choice of cheese.
5. Grill the cheese so it is just slightly melted.
Tip – For extra flavour, add a few Kalamata olives
For more recipes like this, please sign up to our Information Programme.
Recipe from http://the- mediterranean-diet.com/ bruschetta-recipe.html